Natural Horsemanship in Patagonia
w/ Reata Brannaman & Gabe Clark
Join Reata Brannaman, Gabe Clark and the Estancia Ranquilco team for a 10 day Natural Horsemanship clinic set on a beautiful ranch in Argentina's Patagonia. Reata and Gabe will bring their wealth of knowledge and experience to our little corner of the Andes, where the remote and spectacular setting will act as the perfect backdrop for a deep dive into the relationship between human and horse.
This ten day hands-on clinic will focus on colt starting and next-level training, the natural horsemanship way. Reata and Gabe's techniques incorporate an understanding of how horses think and communicate, making the animal feel safe and secure so that horse and rider gain a close working relationship based on mutual trust. The clinic will focus on developing a solid foundation by teaching groundwork, introducing horses to new obstacles, and demonstrating how to create a responsive, gentle ranch horse from the first ride. Work on starting a group of 2 year olds every morning, break for lunch, and return to put next-level training on a group of 3 year olds in the afternoon. Throughout the clinic, students will be able to work through tasks alongside Gabe and Reata.
- Establish a working partnership with a colt using groundwork
- Communicate clear intentions and leadership through body language
- Witness the first rides on two year old colts
- Introduce the colts to real world trail challenges in mountainous terrain
- Build riding confidence
- Gain a sense of feel, timing and balance in your riding
- Gather and drive horses
- Pack a mule with a balanced load
Participants will enjoy action-packed days complemented by opportunities to ride and explore the gorgeous and wild Patagonian countryside. Savor delicious ranch-to-table meals on the lodge patio overlooking the snaking Trocoman river below, and experience hospitality at its finest at the family-owned and operated, off-grid, Estancia Ranquilco.
Cost: $4200 USD per person, which includes everything while you are with us:
- Eight days of hands-on horsemanship training
- Double occupancy lodging in one of our beautiful guest rooms
- Round-trip ground transportation between Neuquen/Zapala and the ranch
- Riding and fishing opportunities
- Three delicious farm-to-table meals every day
- Beer and Argentine wines